In a nutshell...

Words and Pictures is exactly that. Words in the form of a story and Pictures that either back up the story or form the basis of the story.
I love old surfboards, preferably single fins from the late 60's and early 70's, so many of the stories are based around these.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Fins

From time to time a classic board turns up with what seems to be a minor issue - it has no fin.
It's hard to find original fins from the late 60's and early 70's so I decided to try and make some myself. It takes time though and sanding fins is a huge pain. Cutting them out without mass production gear isn't exactly my idea of fun either.
Anyway, having old boards around means we have loads of fin templates also so I have traced as many as I have interest in and made copies of a few. There are still some awaiting the sanding process though and I just hope they turn out ok.
waiting for the sander

fin panel after a few cutouts


 

No comments:

Post a Comment